Music Festival Packing List for Epic Campouts
Is your music festival packing list filled with shiny coats and unicorn onesies?
Well, so is ours.
But fabulous fashion accessories won’t always be enough to get you through the weekend when the weather turns rough. We figured that out seven years ago and have been building this enormous checklist ever since. Now we’re passing the knowledge along to you.
The Official Music Festival Packing List
- tent gear
- festival tent – make sure you have all the required gear
- rain fly – double check that this is still in your tent bag
- poles – triple check that these are in there, too
- stakes – these are essential for unexpected wind gusts
- mallet – bring one to share with your neighbors
- light – you’re tent will be way cooler with a ceiling light-fan
- tarp – put your tent on this to add a protective waterproof layer
- bedtime essentials
- camp lighting
- hanging lights – put these up high in your festival campsite
- led lanterns – long lasting lights are crucial for festival nights
- solar lights – forget the batteries on purpose this time
- floor lights – dance around your campsite without tripping
- decorative – get into the festival spirit with pretty lights
- shade canopy
- festival chairs
- table essentials
- festival cooler
- water container
- charging station
- portable speakers
- solar powered speakers – great for festivals, but please keep it respectful
Stay Fresh at the Fest List
- cleansing wipes
- for the body – wipe off the grime with refreshing body wipes
- shower gear
- portable shower – don’t waste time in line with a 3-hour festival shower
- shower caddy – keep shower time simple by organizing all the essentials
- biodegradable shampoo – lather. rinse. repeat… or at least do it once
- camping towels – choose towels that stay clean while you dry
- waterproof sandals – you will definitely want to bring these along
- better bathroom
- hand sanitizer – keep your hands clean, even after the soap runs out
- personal toilet paper – don’t depend on the port-a-potties to be stocked
- toilet seat covers – keep your buns clean if you have to take a seat
- baby wipes – fresher is better – keep everything with wipes
- headlamp – not all port-a-potties have lights – don’t pee in the dark
Festival Clothing List
- adventure underwear
- sweat-proof socks
- serious shorts
- comfy-cool shirts
- festival pants
- big jackets
- warm gloves
The art of festivaling is an evolving process that involves preparation, celebration, and experimentation. Over the years, we have realized that festivals are better when you bring the right stuff. Having the essential gear and accessories will alter your entire perception of any event. Comfort and functionality are equally important during your outdoor audio adventures, that’s why we built this music festival packing list. We hope you enjoy never forgetting your crucial festival gear items like we have!
Essential, festival gear list and suggestions
We designed this music festival packing list to help you pack like a pro for your next fest
The list covers basic gear and most essential items to ensure your needs will be met throughout the weekend. With your needs met, you can let go of your worries and focus on the festival moments at hand, comfortably. Most of these items are available on Amazon via the links next to the gear suggestions throughout the festival essentials list (we may acquire a small percentage of certain items – so thank you for the support).
If we forgot anything that you feel is essential to making the best music festivals even better, please send your suggestions to email@example.com.
For more suggestions, check out 8 Things (Almost) Every Festival Babe Needs.